– Joey Wright & Nathan McGlothlin (who are also part of TLVS’ current incarnation) showcase a beauty in subtle layer manipulation with lo-fi charm. Opting for improvisation over set structures, each performance (live or recorded) balance feelings of isolation, distance, and fear with solace, presence, and hope.
– Mel & Myra began writing & playing together a few years back. A few DIY recordings & personnel additions (Aaron & Joey) later, we find a quartet wrapping dark yet hopeful lyrics around swirling melodies that should feel welcome in the shoegaze revival.
– Upon completing art school in the mid-1970’s, Steve moved to the United States at the request of a small record label and began recording songs. He now has eleven albums of original work released on several small independent labels. The work ranges from rock music to more experimental poetry and spoken word, performed over electronic loop based compositions.
TLVS (the late virginia summers)
– Having survived a handful of lineup changes, TLVS is currently a three piece that works with other artists from time to time. Sonically, the group plays off both the shoegazing bliss of the 90’s & the ambient texture of 21st century post rock.
– Elliott Malvas has been a friend of the HSAL family for years, sharing tour stops & good vibes with several of our bands from his Virginia Beach home base. The stars have aligned, making it possible for his dreamy pop to camp out with us. Expect huge guitars & melodies that will have you swearing a Swervedriver LP is on the turntable.