October’s been GREAT! Lynchstock turned out to be everything we could have hoped for. Thanks to all the people who caught our acts, bought our records, took RAD photos/videos & shared them across social media. We should have a festival recap up soon (waiting on imagery from our staff photographers…).
The month capped off with the release of HSAL #46, which is the latest EP from Norfolk’s You’re Jovian. A quick east coast tour to support the record ended with a celebration down in their hometown. local support Berries, labelmates TLVS & HSAL alums Long Division filled out the bill for a wonderful evening. We were able to capture a moment from the show…
Up next, honeybrandy is doing a couple of shows this weekend with Philly space music vets Soporus:
A few days after all the election results are in, we’ll be throwing a small house show featuring asentimentalsong (Joe from TLVS) & our great buddy Andrew Weathers. Stay tuned for details…
HSAL #16: TLVS / long division split 10″ EP $15 PPD
*this is the first of our split 10″ series. the idea is to feature one of our own on the A side, with a friend of the label holding down the B side.*
the late virginia summers (TLVS) present one of their most impressive (as well one of their oldest) moments with the drone of “heather majestic purple”, then finish the offering with a recent creation (“matisse”) penned specifically for this EP. norfolk’s long division hand in a couple of pieces written during the creation of their self-released “calm before”. “transmogrifier” is loaded with memorable hooks & passages, while “tragic colors” is a darker trail, replete with perfectly placed layers of feedback & wash. this b side also features the final sessions of long division in their “classic” lineup.
AVAILABILITY: marbled teal vinyl + digital download, limited run of 100
ARTWORK: jacket & insert courtesy of HSAL
…holy wow! april is shaping up to one of the wildest months in HSAL history. here’s all of our recent comings & goings:
– first off, our music groups have been taking on high marks of late:
TLVS: click here for a review of their 03/26/11 date in greenville nc!
white laces: click here for a review of their 03/24/11 show in richmond va!
– white laces will be wrapping up their spring gauntlet with a few dates around the commonwealth this month. information on shows in roanoke & lynchburg can be found here. from here, the laces are working out new material for upcoming releases through the lab (one of the split 10”s) & richmond based the acme thunderer (7”).
– joe morgan’s asentimentalsong has been showing up as the accompaniment piece to austin based duet more states as they work through the mid-atlantic portion of their tour. while the performances have been something special, the spirit of this new dynamic is being captured this week at joe’s house. lord willin’ & the creek don’t rise; we will be able to release some of this material in the coming months…
– fresh off their “spring fling” tour, TLVS are looking for any & all still shots & moving pictures of from their performances. if you or someone you know has any such material please get in contact with the group: email@example.com. the band did some capturing of their own & will be editing/compiling/releasing those wares soon. they are also in the throes of working out summer dates with long division & white laces!
– alaska are calling it quits. in a very mercurial fashion, the lynchburg based trio came on the scene, burned bright & burned fast. they will be missed. a memorial service (read: final performance) has been scheduled for may 13th at our town’s late night haunt, rivermont pizza. they are also putting together a few more dates around town, which can be found here.