…Man oh man! It’s been a month since our last update. To say that we have been busy would be one of the year’s larger understatements! Here’s the latest gossip from ‘round our water cooler:
– White Laces are currently heading down to SXSW! They are actually involved with killer series of shows put on by Holy Smokes booking out of Charlottesville! You can get all the details here. Also brewing in the White Laces camp is the release of HSAL #13, a special “Harding Street” edition of their recently released 12” EP (available through SHDWPLY/Whole Ghost). Our SUPER LIMITED version (only 14 copies left as of 03/14/11!) of the 12” comes with a screen printed jacket, a dual sided insert with photography by our good friend PJ Sykes, a brief history of our relationship with the band, & a digital download that features the entire EP plus over 30 minutes of live tracks, unreleased demos, & b sides. Pre-orders for HSAL #13 can be placed here. The physical copies are set to begin shipping on Tuesday, 03/22.
– The beginning of our split 10” EP endeavor is well under way! We opened up the lab for the purposed of tracking & mixing the entire EP (nearly 30 minutes of hot jams b/t Lynchburg’s TLVS & Norfolk’s Long Division) & are super jazzed with the results. Joanna will be working on the insert for this record – we always expect great things from her & she NEVER disappoints! As for the music, here’s the track listing:
SIDE A: The Late Virginia Summers
“Heather Majestic Purple”
“Chambray Du Peter Kent”
SIDE B: Long Division
We are shooting for an April 26th release date for this EP & will be announcing a very special album release show to kick things off!
– In related news, TLVS is about to embark on their “spring fling”! the duo have crafted a new live set that is equal parts “porcelain” & material from the aforementioned split 10”. This tour will take TLVS through Tennessee, North Carolina, & Virginia, ending up back in Lynchburg for a hot date with Arms & Sleepers on April 3rd. All of the dates, including TLVS appearances post-tour, can be found here.
• Alaska’s debut full-length received a rather favorable (7.8 out of 10) review from Georgia’s the Blue Indian. The entire review can be read here.
• Goodwill Falcon are gearing up to play out more this spring! The next month or so has them performing in front of crowds all over the commonwealth, including Richmond, Lynchburg, & Norfolk. You can get more details for each performance here. It should also be noted that the Falcon are working out “two-piece” versions of many songs from HSAL #05 (the now out-of-print “Private Tones” cassette) that will be paired with newly written tunes (“Dan” songs & “Carter” songs!) for the group’s first full-length.